How to Apply for a Course
- Read the Technique and Code of Discipline page to familiarize with the technique and understand the requirements for sitting a course.
- Read the Ten Day & Other Adult Courses and The Course Site pages to better understand what you will need to bring and travel information, plus what the facilities will be like that you will be staying at during your course.
- Visit the Course Schedule page to sign up for a course. When you apply for a course you will first see the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline. Please read it carefully as you will be required to follow it during your course.
- Once you have finished reading the Technique and Code of Discipline, fully and completely fill out all the sections of the application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses. You will receive an email confirming your application has been received. This is not a notice of acceptance to the course.
- Please do not apply for more than two ten-day courses at a time. If you apply for more than two ten-day courses at a time, the third and following applications will be canceled.
- In two weeks or more (due to the large volume of applications) you will receive either an acceptance to the course or a notice that you have been placed on a waitlist because the course is already full. All correspondence will be through e-mail so please provide an e-mail address.
- Once you are accepted into the course you will receive an email asking you to confirm your attendance online in order to secure your place in the course. If you do not confirm, your space will likely be given to a student on the waitlist.
- One form per course: You must submit a separate form for each course for which you apply.
- One form per person: Each individual must submit their own application (i.e. one form per person).
- Need to Change Your Course Dates: If, after submitting a course application, you wish to change your original course date for a different one (at another time), it would be helpful if you would submit a new application. This will save the registrar time and avoid possible confusion in the system.
- Need to Cancel your Course: You can cancel your attendance to the course by clicking the cancel link in your confirmation email or if on the day of the course you may cancel by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or by calling Hawaii Vipassana at 1-512-843-5039.